Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, February 12

Clothes Folding Spell. I Need One.

Household hates. What are yours?

The OK(s):
1. Chopping / preparing ingredients for cooking.
2. Cooking, definitely. Therapeutic.
3. Handwashing laundry.
4. Hanging up the washed laundry.
5. Vacuuming and mopping the floor.
6. Cleaning and scrubbing the entire bathroom.

The NOT OK(s):
1. Folding clothes.
2. Ironing clothes. Absolute hate.

So, the point for listing down the above is to show to you JUST HOW MUCH I HATE FOLDING CLOTHES AND IRONING.

The only way to ease me into doing them is by blasting some of my favorite songs. The usual suspects - Madonna, Late Night Alumni and Hotel Costes. Hotel Costes is an absolute favorite when cooking. They (HC + Cooking) are like tango partners. They go hand-in-hand. They make me produce meals that are cooked with mucho amore. Corny, but true.

So now we have a pile of clothes just sitting there waiting for me to pick them up and patiently fold them piece by piece. We need God's intervention in this. I hereby, call out to God, to grant me the serenity to fold clothes without going crazy. Amen.

Random:
Book by Alice Sebold, The Lovely Bones. Read it months ago and I loved it.

How can you not love a book that opens like this: 

Inside the snow globe on my father's desk, there was a penguin wearing a red-and-white-striped scarf. When I was little my father would pull me into his lap and reach for the snow globe. He would turn it over, letting all the snow collect on the top, then quickly invert it. The two of us watched the snow fall gently around the penguin. The penguin was alone in there, I thought, and I worried for him. When I told my father this, he said, "Don't worry, Susie; he has a nice life. He's trapped in a perfect world. 

Saw the trailer last night and I really hope it will be as good as the book. This rarely happens, I know. But I can still hope.

No comments: