Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, January 1

Twenty Ten

2009. Past tense.

*sighs a feeling of relief* 

2009 was a year that many would want to forget and get it over and done with. I don't know about you but I do know many friends who thought 2009 was a real bitch of a year and it was. I wasn't spared. Truth to be known, I've had my fair share of shittiness right from start to the end of 2009. Dwell on it, I shall not. Speak of it, I will not. Let bygones be bygones, they say, for tomorrow is a better day and we shall all rejoice in the hope of a greater future. 

2010. Present tense. 

*pops the champagne and confetti* 

Amidst the sprouting fireworks in the skies, 2010 waltzed in with much hope for many. I know of many friends who are placing much hope for good changes in their lives for 2010. "Hope is a good thing, but without a sound plan and actions, hope is as hopeless as a steak knife without a fork"- I always remind myself this. My hopes and dreams, they tend to multiply rapidly when get carried away. I want to do this, and I want to do that. "But what is the plan?" Babe will constantly remind me. A good support partner, he is. For keeping me grounded at all times. And I love him for it. 

The List 

I don't usually have a New Year Resolution List but I do love the concept of a New Year, much more than the drunken festivities associated with its eve. New beginnings and new goals are delicious to contemplate and I have a few of my own. Just for 2010 :)

2010, is all about major changes in life and making life-altering decisions. 

*1* Taking relationships onto a higher level.
- Us: Babe and I have had The Talk :)
- Friends: Removing the rotten ones and keeping the precious ones closer to heart. 

*2* Live healthier. That translates to:
- Getting up early and going for a run
- Drinking lots of water - currently aiming for 2 litres - Mrs. Kidman-Urban swears by it, and if Mrs Kidman-Urban says it's good, it's good :)
- And getting a decent amount of sleep each night.

Nothing too dramatic but a slight uplift in quality of life. 

*3* Save up more for the Big Purchase Before Age 30. 

*4* Be grateful for what I have.
- I think its normal to take things for granted but one must remain grateful for everything: both material and non-material elements in our lives. 

*5* Go for that holiday. Not just any holiday but That Holiday.

With that in place, I am in good hands and is prepared to set course. A year of much hard work to be done, but achievable and a strong foundation to be built for the coming years.

Ladies and Gentlemen, today has been Day 1 of 2010.

No comments: